Monday 18 February 2013

Boardgaming at the White Swan




Survive: etc!
Yes, boardgaming. Personally I enjoy all types. Over recent years most of my boardgaming has been with various members of the Ilkley Old Gits, where the consensus has been firmly in favour of war related games. Now, I have no objection to those and anyway some of them stray a bit from that narrow theme; I'm reminded of a couple of epic games of Republic of Rome.


Anyway yesterday I played a couple of games: one of Family Business - a mafia themed queue management card game - and one of Survive: Escape From Atlantis! - which is a cutthroat family game if that makes sense.
Not at all like any family that I know


                                                                                                                                                                      The White Swan is the pub next door to - and in fact opening into the entrance lobby of - the City Varieties Theatre, which anyone of a certain age will have seen on the television in their youth.


Can you spot Danny La Rue?
Not from Barcelona

                                        
And bugger Danny La Rue (can I say that?) - although as a clue he isn't wearing a dress in the photo - this man was the real start of the show: indupitably, incontestably, incontravertibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment