Monday 18 March 2013

The Resistance

Played a few games of The Resistance at the White Swan yesterday and I was rather taken with it. As it happened I was never a spy so I can't say how it played from that perspective. We also played a game of Guillotine and one of Cosmic Encounter, both of which I won. The negotiation option of the latter seems rather weak to me. I just refused to ever agree to anything and took the loss of ships on the chin. You get them back sooner or later anyway.

She looks like a spy to me

St Patrick's day only intruded on the pub in a minor way although there was some interesting young person romantic interaction going on when I arrived. We didn't used to do it that way in my day I can tell you.

Speaking of young people, yesterday's re-enactors turned out not to be re-enactors at all. As far as I could establish they were Steampunkers there to admire and be admired amongst themselves rather than to interact with the general public. The costumes looked rather splendid close up and they seemed to be having a good time, but as usual one is left wondering what the point is.

A chap with a beard

No comments:

Post a Comment