Tuesday 16 April 2013

In Veritas Ludi

Not content with having spent Sunday evening in the pub playing board games, I headed on Monday evening to the pub to, well, play board games. It was a different pub though, so that's acceptable. There was a slight delay to proceedings when it was found that the Victoria had double booked the Leeds Meeples with Belle de Jour no less.

Dr Magnanti
There was a brief period of confusion followed by a regrouping in Veritas and then down to it. I played a couple of games of Fluxx, Ticket to Ride, Guillotine and finished off with Bohnanza. I'd never played any of them before except for Guillotine and adopted my usual approach of trying out doomed strategies, primarily of course in order to steepen the learning curve. This was especially true of Ticket To Ride where I completely failed to appreciate that the rewards for completing sections of track were non-linear. I did complete more routes than everyone else though; so a small moral victory I think.

These people are instantly recognisable and need no introduction

It was my first time at the Meeples and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Everyone was very nice and very welcoming despite me being the oldest one there by a good twenty years.

No comments:

Post a Comment