Monday 29 April 2013

Leeds Meeples

И снова здравствуйте

There was another session of the Leeds Meeples yesterday, this time in the Victoria Hotel, a fine venue; not least because it served London Pride, thereby allowing me to drown my sorrows over Saturday's drama and disappointment in the most appropriate manner possible.

Cue Albert King

Anyway, games played were: Apples to Apples, Love Letter, Tsuro, The Resistance and Dominion Intrigue. All were new to me except The Resistance, which is definitely le jeu du jour. I thought they were all excellent in their various ways, although the original Tsuro is clearly superior to the Tsuro of the Seas version. 


She's young, she's wealthy. she's far from healthy

I must say a word about Love Letter though. For a game consisting of only sixteen cards it is surprisingly deep and tricky. I did get double-Baronned on a couple of occasions (difficult to do much about), but then I also had the perfect sequence of Handmaiden, Handmaiden, Princess. Beat that!


до свидания

No comments:

Post a Comment