Sunday 14 July 2013

Be careful what you wish for

Regular readers of this blog will know that I have had a bit of a yearning to play a more complex boardgame. Today my wish came true and then some as the regular lightweight boardgames session at the White Swan received the jolt of a game of Caylus. I have never seen four more baffled people than those of us sitting round the table as the the fifth - the owner of the game - explained the rules. I use the term 'explained' quite loosely. Several hours of playing later I still don't understand how one can build a castle out of cloth. Still, the board and the pieces are nice.



Also played today were Guillotine (in honour of July 14th) and Ice Flow, which has perhaps outstayed its welcome and needs to be stood down for a few sessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment