Tuesday 2 July 2013

Пожалуйста, не присылайте мне в Сибирь

Boardgaming seems to be feast or famine with me and so it was that for the second day in a row I retired to the pub for a bit of paper and plastic action; this time with the Leeds Meeples.

First up was some more Ice Flow, which has been a bit of a consistent hit recently. Last night's players made more of the 'aiming the polar bear at your rivals and throwing a fish' mechanism than others and the game was different because of it. It certainly lasted longer.

The actual game in progress; isn't technology marvellous?

Second up was a game of Cosmic Encounter. It was the second time that I had played this and it made slightly more sense this time. I now know that there is actually a back story as to why one doesn't have much control over who one attacks. Obviously this narrative provided by the designers doesn't make any sense, but it's nice to know that it's there. Anyway, I was the Warrior race and used their special ability to rapidly build up a large amount of extra attack strength, only to find that no-one would fight me except the chap with a Loser card (which at least increased my strength even if I couldn't win) and the Pacifists. Now, in what universe should pacifists beat warriors? OK, in every real universe they should; but in what fictional boardgame universe?

I'd have to be a warrior -
A slave I couldn't be -
A soldier and a conqueror,
Fighting to be free.


 до свидания

No comments:

Post a Comment