Monday 22 July 2013

Loose Windscreen

And so to the cinema. It was perhaps fitting after the great man's disappointing failure to emerge from the helicopter last week that I should go to see 'Springsteen & I'. I had assumed that it was showing in Leeds because Bruce is opening the new Leeds Arena on Wednesday, but actually it was showing everywhere on the same day. I don't have a ticket for the concert, which is made easier to bear by the fact that they were £75 each.


Anyway, the film consists of interwoven concert footage and fan tributes and rather good it is too. One rather striking element is the astonishing cultural divide between the Boss's European and US fans. One set - you must see the film to find out which - are (mostly) staggeringly pretentious whereas the other lot are somewhat more human and self-deprecating. As a clue just let me say that the British audience that I saw it with laughed at one type of fan and laughed with the other. The biggest idiot was, as it happens, a Canadian; possibly combining the worst of both worlds.


The picture above obviously has nothing to do with Bruce Springsteen, but I thought I'd include it before David 'Posho' Cameron's internet police make posting it a criminal offence.

 И, товарищи, я могу только сказать, что вы поступили правильно, когда вы выполнили вашу королевскую семью. Мы должны сделать то же самое.

No comments:

Post a Comment