Tuesday 29 October 2013

Heads Down, No Nonsense, Mindless Boogie

Reflecting on the life of Lou Reed inevitably led me to recall the fabulous Alberto y los Trios Paranoias. Their song 'Anadin' took the concept and framework of Reed's 'Heroin' and made it somewhat more amusing. I saw them quite a few times, more than once at St Albans City Hall if I remember rightly. They had a most unusual and very striking prop for one of their other songs, the details of which are not suitable for a family blog such as this. Given that the trio (which had quite a lot more than three members on the occasions that I saw them) broke up thirty years ago you'll have to take my word for it that they were rather good.




Other bands that I saw in St Albans in the late seventies included both Curved Air and Babe Ruth, which gives me a good excuse to include photos of Sonja Kristina:




and Jenny Haan:




although I'm not terribly sure why I actually need a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment