Monday 21 October 2013

Pot14pouri

It was with some interest, although not necessarily with approval, that I noticed Gerry Adams had tweeted the lyrics of 'Streets of London' just a couple of days after my blog posting about Ralph McTell. I have no stories regarding the Sinn Fein leader, certainly none to rival the one about the Reverend Ian Paisley and the giraffe; an anecdote that I must make room for sometime.

Mr Adams' words are tweeted by an actor

A certain amount of boardgames have been played at more than one location and with more than one group of people including Ice Flow, Love Letter, Revolver, Phase 10 and Tikal.

Miniature Wargames 367 was a mixed read as usual. The series on Salamanca doesn't push any boundaries, but is interesting and the article on Bruce Weigle's terrain was fascinating. The highlight was John Curry's tribute to Donald Featherstone. Neil Shuck continues to puzzle me though. In a review of a new book about Germanicus Caesar he suggests it would make a good basis for an HBO mini series without appearing to be aware of the existence of 'I, Claudius'.

"Why have they forgotten us already?"


No comments:

Post a Comment