Wednesday 5 March 2014

A little piece of a great big soul

And so to the theatre. It was the West Yorkshire Playhouse to be specific to see a new production of 'Of Mice and Men'. Had you asked me before yesterday I would have claimed to be a Steinbeck aficionado, but that claim would seem to be based solely on having visited the Steinbeck museum in Salinas (highly recommended - the museum that is, Salinas is a dump) because I certainly hadn't read the novella from which the play was adapted.


In any event the play was excellent - with a slight reservation about the man sized rabbit - and perhaps all the better because I didn't know what happened. For those who like me don't know the story it isn't terribly cheery, but is pretty powerful.

"Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind."


No comments:

Post a Comment