Tuesday 22 April 2014

Zorndorf: Aparajito

Like all middle parts of trilogies, this week's Zorndorf episode doesn't make any sense without the either of those that flank it. Senseless or not it was very enjoyable. Horse and Musket is definitely my preferred period (periods) which always helps. The luck was fairly evenly spread (although I spectacularly lost a melee charging a one stand unit in the flank with fresh cavalry) and the outcomes were also pretty equally distributed. I have taken a gamble by switching virtually all my cavalry to the right flank whilst leaving my left flank very weak. On the other hand the Russian right flank mainly consists of units softened up by the pre-battle artillery barrage and my guns are still there so it seems a reasonable risk to take. Plus, we all know that the Russian commander-in-chief is about to flee the field. Well admittedly, you might not, but believe me, he is.


James offers Peter some tactical advice

Zorndorf, which is taking place because the Punic Wars are in abeyance, is itself about to fall into desuetude. No doubt when we pick it up again we will have forgotten what we were doing. It's an age thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment