Friday 16 May 2014

Get your kicks

 'Ridicule is the tribute paid to the genius by the mediocrities' - Oscar Wilde


To Harrogate Theatre to see the Counterfeit Stones who were extremely entertaining. I'd heard they would be funny - which they were - but I was most impressed by their musical abilities. I'd never seen a tribute band before; perhaps both me and Oscar Wilde got it wrong. Anyway recommended both if you like decent covers of decent songs (Gimme Shelter was particularly good) and if your sense of humour is tickled by jokes about bass player Bill Hymen's favourite key being A minor.

"Bye-bye you bum, bye-bye you bum, bye-bye"

I promised exciting news about the wargaming annexe this week. Well the update is that the joiner has done half the work and then buggered off leaving vague promises of returning next week to finish it. Perhaps I should have seen that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment