Sunday 22 June 2014

Polotsk

Or, to be more specific, the first day of the second battle of Polotsk. Having put away all my wargames stuff (although I am still puzzled as to the whereabouts of some items that seem to have disappeared) I decided that perhaps what was required was a wargame. I have therefore set up the Polotsk scenario from the GMT website; it's to be found in the section for the Russian expansion.


I know that Napoleon's troops included various German units, but mine are all French apart from the artillery which has had to be supplemented with Bavarians and Saxons. The Russians are pretty much as they should be except that Mounted Jaegers are doing service as Heavy Cavalry.


I intend to have a solo run through using Command & Colours Napoleonic. I haven't got any grid - neither hexes nor squexes - and am therefore going for a freestyle version in the same vein as James' interpretation of the Ancients rules. One hex of distance will be deemed to be 15cm. I shall however ignore flanks and facings and I shall allow melee at up to 15cm with ranged fire starting thereafter. I shan't take any special measures for it being solo, but simply play each hand of cards in turn.


No comments:

Post a Comment