Thursday 19 June 2014

The more I like everything

"If you hear a voice within you say 'you cannot paint', then by all means paint and that voice will be silenced." - Vincent Van Gogh

Your bloggist at work

A bit of a landmark today as I put brush to figure for the first time since August 2012. Some Bavarian infantry for the War of Spanish Succession (my period not of choice) got the honour of having their leatherwork and neckerchiefs added whilst some others received a coat of matt varnish. The world wide web can't seem to agree on uniform colours for the Kurprinz regiment and I therefore chose the one with the splash of red.


On the other hand I didn't like that blue so I went with a lighter one. As Nietzsche said "there are no facts, only interpretations".

3 comments:

  1. Yes I prefer my Bavarians in almost sky-blue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Subsequently, of course, Nietzsche discovered that this statement was completely untrue, being merely his incorrect interpretation of the facts, which event led to his first attempted suicide.

    ReplyDelete