Tuesday 22 July 2014

"Chh chh-chh, uh, chh chh-chh, uh"

The immortal words of Mungo Jerry reflect the fact that it is bleedin' hot. So bleedin' hot in fact that I have retreated inside for a refreshing beverage and some shady blogging (no Spoonerism intended sadly). Time to update everyone on the battle of Polotsk.



Well, the French won. Again. I know I'm new to this C&C Napoleonics lark, but I haven't got many ideas as to what the Russians could do to win. Draw better cards perhaps. Anyway, I believe my grasp of the rules has improved to a good enough level and I'm developing a sense of what tactics are most rewarding. The latter seems to come down to fire your artillery as often as possible and be aggressive with cavalry. No doubt the purpose of infantry will become clear in due course.


In other news, following the lead set on the Prometheus in Aspic blog I have invested in some Lilliput Lane cottages from a junk shop; or more likely some knock-off imitations. Regardless of their collectability I think they work well enough with the 20mm figures and the squex size. Plus they were cheap. Result all round I think.

1 comment: