Tuesday 8 July 2014

Pot29pouri

So, another day, another dollar.



I'm not one to complain but the ugly duckling on the right below took a peck at me today.




In possibly the final Tour de France news, I went to  'La Rose et la Couronne' for lunch on Sunday and the landlady told me that she'd sold her first pint of beer at 8 a.m. the previous day. That evening I also happened to pop into 'Le Manoir' (as an aside I really don't drink) and they had sold out of virtually everything; they were almost literally a pub with no beer.




And in wargaming news, I have decided to change my painting plans. (As another aside, I feel that in typing those words I am cementing my place in the brotherhood of wargames bloggers.) As I can't find my existing War of the Spanish Succession figures there doesn't seem to be much point in painting any more. I am therefore going to paint up the units required for the Napoleonic Command and Colours scenarios involving the Russians. First up will be some Russian militia from the Hat set of the same name.

No comments:

Post a Comment