Tuesday 11 November 2014

Going visiting

I have been somewhat restricted recently by the arrival of a client who not only wanted me to do something, but was prepared to pay for it. Wargaming, the opera, other ways that I pass my time that you don't need to know about, they have all had to take a back seat while I have been on the odd day trip to Aberdeen. So, there is little to report, but unfortunately for readers that isn't going to stop me reporting it.

It doesn't look like this

Firstly, I have done a little more on the Romans in Britain game. I have dug into the pile of plastic and begun painting some more auxiliaries. It turns out that some of the plastic pile is lead - some civilians - not sure which manufacturer - have also been mounted and undercoated. I have also acquired yet more bases - from Warbases - on which to mount everything; next time we play there will be even more Celts on the table. and then there is a new villa. The original game calls for several homesteads and for the settlers to move between them for hoedowns; and so more Roman houses were called for. My original villa is an old card model much bashed about over the years. The new one is a card model that I found for free on the internet. Possibly I printed on card that was too thin, but for what ever reason the new one, despite being new, is even more bashed about that the old one. Still, no-one ever suggested that wargames at my house were about the aesthetics.


In other news, I saw the excellent Becky Mills at a concert in aid of the Otley Food Bank. She did a set of mostly her own stuff plus covers of songs by June Tabor and Hazel O'Connor. There has also been some boardgaming during which I managed to avoid any more dreary worker placement games, but did enjoy the two I played: Castles of Mad King Ludwig and Istanbul.

4 comments:

  1. Even your ramblings about nothing are something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly the quote from Voltaire is as true now as it was nearly 200 years ago , Tony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "What is the matter with the poor is poverty; what is the matter with the rich is uselessness." - George Bernard Shaw

      Delete