Friday 19 December 2014

More Mostly Marignano

It's been a grim, grim day so, cathartically, let me write about some things that don't matter at all.

The second evening of Marignano fell rather flat with an easy French victory. On reflection it had all been decided during the first night's play with the Swiss missing a move card, not being grizzled (although one shouldn't feel too sorry for them as they were still fierce, stubborn, murderous and swift) and suffering heavily from the artillery. It was sufficiently flat for James not to write it up, but the solo run through of the revised scenario that he is reporting on in his blog looks an improvement.

Other wargaming news is a bit light for various reasons. I have completed a third Roman villa which in line with my usual standards is crap but usable. I bought a pdf download from the Wargame Vault for $2.90. It's supposedly 1/72 scale, but I printed it out a half size and that gives a much more suitable footprint, especially as I shall be aiming to have perhaps five on the table. They do other villa styles, but being careful with money I shall probably just build another couple of the same ones.

Boardgaming included Abluxxen, Castles of Mad King Ludwig, Mush!Mush!, and Skull & Roses. Abluxxen, or Linko as it also seems to be known, was rather good and I was rather bad at it, thereby placing it in a large set of such games. Mush!Mush!, or Snow Tails 2 as it also seems to be known, hadn't been on the table for quite a while, but seemed to go down well. One of the reasons I took it along was because I thought it would appeal to the younger demographic that sometimes attends and I was right. I also won the race, coming from behind on the final straight with judicious use of my bonus dice.


No comments:

Post a Comment