Thursday 18 December 2014

Une Amende Honorable

I have used this nominally wargaming blog recently to draw attention to the shortcomings of the US judicial system when dealing with institutional violence against black people. In light of the verdict in the Jimmy Mubenga trial, and even more so in view of this morning's revelations about evidence that the jury were not permitted to hear due to a ruling of the judge, I have to hold my hands up and acknowledge that this has been a case of the pot calling the kettle - well you know. The UK is, in this respect, clearly every bit as bad as the US.


It's true that life goes on regardless - I was wargaming last night myself - but events such as those in Australia and Pakistan (and all over the world if we're honest with ourselves) cast a long shadow. I know that I'm seven days early for this, but my own pie-in-the-sky Christmas wish is peace for all.

"I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality." - Dr Martin Luther King Jr

2 comments: