Friday 20 February 2015

Oh, I would, I would, if welcome I were

"Oh, well I like your feather bed
And well I like your sheets
But better I like your lady wife
Who lies in my arms asleep"




Casa Epictetus is once again replete with working laptops and tablets and I can now regale you with all the exciting things that I have been doing; OK, with all the things that I have been doing. Most notable of which is that I have been to see Fairport Convention once again. As one would expect they were excellent and I'm not sure that I can think of anything much else to add. They played a number of tracks from their new album, but while normally that would cast a shadow over the whole experience I can report that, as with Steeleye Span a few months ago, the new stuff was rather good. The highlight of that element was a lovely new song written by Ralph McTell, the name of which unfortunately escapes me. It almost goes without saying that the best moments of the concert overall were the trio of songs from Liege and Lief (Crazy Man Michael, Farewell Farewell and Matty Groves) plus the perennial encore Meet on the Ledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment