Monday 2 February 2015

Uh-oh

MS Foy has gone all cryptic in his comment on yesterday's posting, but I have decided to interpret it as a request for me to post a link to Talking Heads' "Uh-Oh, Love Comes to Town", a song that I'm always happy to sing along to as it contains the line "I'm a know-it-all, I'm the smartest man in town". 





Monsieur Foy's own notionally-about-wargaming blog is in particularly fine form at the moment having recently featured the birds in his garden, the etiquette of selfies and motor racing at Aintree.   Really wild general.

2 comments:

  1. The most cryptic response now would probably be no response, but I can do enigmatic too. My uh-oh was merely reaching for the hankies - I find Byron hits a nerve regularly - not an obvious choice of poet for a Stoic. You aren't going soft on us, are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the entirely hypothetical question here is whether, were one to have had an affair with a married woman (and it is to such that I believe we must assume Lord B was addressing himself), then would one turn to poetry to articulate the pain in one's soul or to Marcus Aurelius to tell one how to behave; knowing that, no spoiler alert at all, his answer could be summed up by the word 'better'. I ask on behalf of a friend you understand.

    ReplyDelete