Wednesday 22 April 2015

Boardgaming Catch Up

I am behind with recording the boardgames that have been played, so here, in no particular order except for alphabetical, they are:

  • Abluxxen: This has to be the one game this week that has given me the most satisfaction, simply becuase after several attempts I finally worked out a strategy to follow. 
  • Castles of Mad King Ludwig: A good game although while we're on the subject of strategies, I've never worked out the best approach to pricing when one is the master builder.
  • Condottiere: An older game that was new to most of those playing, but which went down well.
  • Harbour: Someone had spotted a mistake in the rules that we were playing regarding the trading phase. The incorrect version that we had played is far better than the rules as written, rewarding cleverness much more. I'd also change the victory conditions. Enjoyable game despite those quibbles.
  • Libertalia: Arghh me hearties! I reserve judgement until a second play.



  • Nottingham:  A new one to me and not to be confused with Sheriff of Nottingham. I can remember very little about it.
  • Quantum: I always think it's an interesting design, and it's a good game to boot.
  • Quartermaster General: My favourite game of the moment. I was Japan and my team won for the third time out of the three that I've played it, mainly by destroying the Soviet Union.
  • Red7: Like it a lot.
  • Roll for the Galaxy: A quicker version of Race for the Galaxy which I would recommend.
  • Timeline: A much better welcome game than bloody Apples to Apples
  • Undermining: A far better game than I thought that it was going to be. All to do with mining an asteroid, but plenty of opportunities to be nasty to the opposition, which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment