Wednesday 30 September 2015

Well that passed the time

And so to the theatre. I have been to see 'Waiting for Godot' which I enjoyed a lot, but about which I am not going to pretend to say anything insightful. When I've seen it previously I've seen the central question as: How does Man survive the waiting for death?

“They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.” 

But now, perhaps being in a better place psychologically, I see 'Godot' as hope, and the boy as our subconscious telling us that we can go on, we must go on. Pozzo and Lucky don't really fit into this reading, but that's presumably Beckett's fault.

“There is man in his entirety, blaming his shoe when his foot is guilty.”

 Be that as it may, the hat swap sequence in the first act inevitably leads one to think of two other geniuses:



No comments:

Post a Comment