Friday 11 November 2016

Ring the bells that still can ring

"There's a crack in everything
That's how the light gets in"

Innumerable tributes will be written to Leonard Cohen, all far more eloquent than anything that I could say; I suggest you spend the day as I will, reading them all whilst listening to his music. As regular observers will know I like to go to a gig or two. I can say without reservation that the best I have ever been to in the whole of my sixty years was Leonard Cohen in September 2013, which I gave seven stars out of five at the time.

As for the music, let's go with covers by Madeleine Peyroux (who I had always assumed was Canadian, but apparently isn't), Nick Cave (Australian) and k.d. lang (at last a Canadian) and as well as Mr Cohen himself:











"You'll be hearing from me baby
Long after I'm gone"

No comments:

Post a Comment